Monday 14 December 2009

ho ho ho!

I am so sorry that I haven't updated this for ages - sometimes life just gets in the way of all the fun stuff! Brochures, websites and magazine articles all need to be done but I am making progress so 2010 is looking like being a vintage year - it's Border Oak's 30th anniversary (30 years......I can't believe it!) and I am determined to make it great.

Anyway the house here is slowly getting the Christmas treatment - but everything has to be waist height or higher because of pesky Gabriel -  there have only been two bauble casualties so not too bad (and all the posh baubles are at the top of the tree!)

Here are some photos of the advent calendar I made for Min and Gabriel consisting of chocolate coins, a polar bear, old paper hearts and , um, an octopus and anchor - and I will being posting about the show house update and about a lovely cruck framed barn later this week - to make up for being a truely awful blogger.



2 comments:

  1. Helo!
    I plan my house. I love oak houses and I wonder if it possible bind together oak freme and straw-bale technology ? Could I contact with you ? I have some questions about this. I am sorry for my language, but I don't speak english good.
    Greetings
    Sarenzir

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!
    yes you can certainly combine straw bales and oak framing - Border Oak have built a couple of straw bale houses (but have used the oak frame for its strength, look and longevity) Is there a particular reason you would like to use straw bales? Let me know and I may be able to help - I will try to help anyway!
    p.s your english is very good!

    ReplyDelete